IMPROVEMENT OF SENTENCES
892. He has composed a beautiful 900. A hand pump is very easy to work 907. The museum’s collection includes
song. and it can be fitted in every artefacts dated back to prehis-
house. toric times.
(1) No improvement (1) date back to
(2) can be fits (2) No improvement.
(3) jotted down
(3) could be fitting (3) dating back to
(4) No improvement
(4) can be fitting (4) date backs to
893. The old car thumped along over
901. The criminal was hung to death. 908. He said, ‘Let the show begins’
the stony road.
(1) hunged (1) ‘Let the show to begin’
(1) creaked (2) crawled
(3) chugged (4) No improvement (2) hang (2) ‘Let’s the show begin’
(3) No improvement (3) ‘Let the show begin’
894. No sooner had he reaching the
(4) hanged (4) No improvement.
station than the train began to
902. What does agonise me most is 909. I’m really sorry but I haven’t
not this criticism, but the trivial got much money myself.
(1) No sooner had he reach the reason behind it. (1) I’m really sorry but I have
station than the train begins
to move. (1) No improvement very few money myself.
(2) No sooner did he reaching the (2) most agonising me (2) No improvement.
station than the train began (3) agonises me most (3) I’m really sorry I have lesser
to move. (4) most agonised me money myself.
(3) No sooner had he reached the 903. They have not and cannot be in (4) I’m really sorry but I not have
station than the train began the good books of the coach be- much money myself.
to move. cause they lack discipline. 910. Both of them are good, but this
(4) No improvement (1) No improvement is the best of the two.
895. My father has been advised to (2) have not been and can never (1) No improvement
reduce smoking. be
(1) cut down (3) have not and can never be
(4) have not and can never been (3) much better
(2) No improvement
904. The Louvre, a museum known (4) good
(3) lower down
to everyone in the world, is in Directions (911–914) : In the fol-
(4) reduce down
Paris. lowing questions, a part of the sentence
896. Sincerity is always appreciated.
is printed in bold. Below are given al-
(1) enhanced (1) a world–renowned museum
ternatives to the bold part which may
(2) enjoyed (2) No improvement
improve the sentence. Choose the cor-
(3) waited (3) a globally known museum
rect alternative. In case no improve-
(4) No improvement (4) a world–famous museum
ment is needed your answer is (4).
897. Listen attention to what I say. 905. The sun will not rise before an (SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC, DEO
(1) attentively hour. & PA/SA Exam, 15.11.2015
(1) arise in an hour (Ist Sitting) TF No. 6636838)
(3) attentive (2) rise in an hour 911. How many country are there in
(4) No improvement (3) rises for an hour Europe ?
898. My sister does not know wheth- (4) No improvement (1) countries are their in
er tomorrow can be a holiday 906. Heartfelt prayers to God will al- (2) country are there on
for her. ways have expected results. (3) countries are there in
(1) whether tomorrow is a holi- (1) have amazing results (4) No improvement
day to her (2) No improvement 912. We stayed in Mumbai in five
(2) whether tomorrow will be a (3) have good results days.
holiday for her (4) have desired results (1) with (2) for
(3) No improvement Directions (907–910) : In the fol- (3) at (4) No improvement
(4) whether tomorrow is a holi- lowing questions, a part of the sentence 913. The medicine must be take by
day for her. is printed in bold. Below are given al- you.
899. Honesty is more superior than ternatives to the bold part at (1), (2), (1) takes (2) taken
(3) which may improve the sentence. (3) taking (4) No improvement
riches. 914. The Sutlej has changed its path.
Choose the correct alternative. In case
(1) far superior than no improvement is needed your answer (1) journey (2) course
(2) No improvement is No improvement. (3) line (4) No improvement
(3) more superior to (SSC CHSL (10+2) LDC, DEO & PA/SA Directions (915–918) : In the fol-
(4) superior to Exam, 01.11.2015, IInd Sitting) lowing questions, a part of the sentence