IMPROVEMENT OF SENTENCES
842. They were being commanded to 849. The two thieves distributed the 860. All these events are associated
wait till the signal was given. loot between themselves. like links in a chain.
(1) commanded (1) with themselves (1) attached
(2) command (2) amongst themselves (2) bracketed
(3) given command (3) among themselves (3) No improvement
(4) No Improvement (4) No improvement
843. River Damodar in West Bengal (4) concatenated
850. The equipment were faulty.
carry the effluents from the Dur- 861. She is improving her pronuncia-
(1) equipment were tion of English with a view to
gapur Industrial complex for
(2) equipments are
miles. become a newsreader.
(1) No Improvement (3) equipment was
(1) No improvement
(2) carries the effluents (4) No improvement (2) be becoming
(3) carries the effluence 851. Plants cannot grow without (3) have become
(4) carried the effluents sunshine.
844. The climate of Shillong is some- (1) No improvement
862. The kingfisher is a bird found-
what like Kohima. (2) Plants can thrive in the sun.
ed most in the Eastern Hemi-
(1) as Kohima (3) Plants canno t grow on a sphere, especially in the south-
(2) as Kohima’s cloudy day.
east Asian countries.
(3) No Improvement (4) Plants do not live in dark-
(1) a bird find mostly
(4) like Kohima’s ness.
(2) a bird mostly founded
845. John decided to go to the Advo- 852. The gold is a precious metal.
cate General to clear his name (3) a bird found mostly
(1) No improvement
of the accusation. (2) A gold (4) No improvement
(1) to clean his name (3) An old 863. Instead of his hard work, he did
(2) to cleared his name (4) Gold not succeed.
(3) to wash his name 853. Old habits die hardly. (1) Inspite of
(4) No Improvement (2) In case of
(1) No improvement
846. He could not be able to think
(2) die much hardly (3) In respect of
logically because of his illness.
(3) die hard (4) No improvement
(1) was not able
(2) No Improvement (4) die too hard 864. Seeing no way to escape, the
(3) cannot be able 854. He is known by others. thief suited to the Inspector.
(4) can be unable (1) for (2) among (1) shooted
Directions (847–865) : In the fol- (3) to (4) No improvement (2) surrendered
lowing questions, a sentence/a part of 855. They tried to win control of the (3) supplied
the sentence is written in bold. Be- company from their step broth-
low are given alternatives to the bold ers. (4) No improvement
part which may improve the sen- (1) inherit (2) swindle 865. If you want to catch the first
tence. Choose the correct alternative. flight you may leave now.
(3) wrest (4) No improvement
In case no improvement is needed, (1) must
choose No Improvement. 856. Mr. Bharath was a professor
whom all students respected. (2) ought to
(SSC CAPFs SI, CISF ASI & Delhi
(1) looked up to (3) No improvement
Police SI Exam, 30.08.2015
TF No. 4039770) (2) looked up (4) could
847. He only married her for her (3) No improvement 866. Manoj is so credible that he im-
money. (4) looked over mediately believed my story.
(1) He married her for her mon- 857. The criminal must be killed. (1) No improvement
ey only. (1) hanged (2) murdered (2) credulous
(2) He married her only for her (3) hung (4) No improvement (3) innocent
money. 858. My daughter is going to take her
(3) No improvement (4) creditable
final examination next month.
(4) Only for her money he mar- (1) under take 867. Thomas Caffall the gunman kill-
ried her. ing two persons near the Texas
(2) No improvement
848. Please send the letter on the ad- A & M University, asked forgive-
dress given below. (4) give ness for shooting the officers.
(1) to (1) who killed
859. My father advised me to shun
(2) No improvement (2) who has killed
(3) at (1) escape (2) leave (3) No improvement
(4) upon (3) avoid (4) No improvement (4) who had killed