IMPROVEMENT OF SENTENCES
505. It is more better to take this route 511. The man ate an apple, an orange, 517. When we bought the house, we
than the other one. and washed his hands. could tell that it was a large, new,
(1) good (1) an apple and an orange, and compact, tinted house.
(2) better washed his hands (1) it was a new, large and
(2) an apple, an orange, washed compact house
(3) more good
his hands (2) It was as new, large and as
(4) No improvement
(3) an apple, an orange and his tinted
506. She is absent; she must be sick washed hands (3) it was a new, large, compact
again. (4) No improvement and tinted house
(1) She is absent; she has been 512. After we ate a spectacular nine- (4) No improvement
sick again course dinner, three television 518. Migrant workers can be seen
(2) She is absent: she is sick shows were watched by us. working on many of the building
again (1) we were watchi ng three places in New Delhi.
(3) She is absent; she must have television shows (1) sites
been sick again (2) we engaged in the watching (2) premises
(4) No improvement of three shows
507. Jackie has already gone to the (3) we watched three television
(4) No improvement
airport she will meet us at the shows
(4) No improvement 519. “Indian English” has come of age
check-in-counter. and has been accepted as a
513. The Blue Whale, weighing more
(1) gone to the airport and Jackie legitimate category the world
than 150 tons, the largest known
will meet us over.
animal on Earth.
(2) gone to the airport and she (1) literate (2) local
(1) weighing more than 150 tons,
will meet us (3) illegal (4) No improvement
(3) gone to the airport she ought (2) weighing more than 150 tons, 520. If they were knowing about the
to meet us is the crabs, they would not have
(4) No improvement (3) which weighs more than 150 decided to picnic there.
508. The place at which the two tons, being the (1) had known
roads meet, you will find a small (4) No improvement (2) knew
log cabin. Directions (514-523) : In the (3) did know
(1) where the two roads meet following questions, a sentence / part (4) No improvement
(2) at the place where the two of the sentence printed in bold. Below 521. A shrewd man could only see
roads meet are given alternatives to the bold through the trick.
sentence / part of the sentence at (1), (1) Only a shrewd man could see
(3) the place where the two roads
(2) and (3) which may improve the the trick through.
sentence. Choose the correct
(4) No improvement (2) Only a shrewd man could see
alternative. In case no improvement is
509. The vivid photos of majestic through the trick.
needed, your answer is (4).
animals and colourful birds from (3) Through the trick a shrewd
(SSC Graduate Level Tier-I
the wild-life park is a graphic man could only see.
depiction of what is beautiful 514. He reached the village just (4) No improvement.
in the continent of Africa. when the sun was setting. 522. As soon as I reached my house,
(1) is a graphic depiction of what (1) When just the sun was setting, I opened my cupboard.
was beautiful in he reached the village. (1) I reached my house as soon
(2) are graphic depictions of what (2) When the sun was setting he as I opened my cupboard.
is beautiful in just reached the village. (2) As soon as I opened my
(3) He just reached the village cupboard I reached my house.
(3) is a beautiful and graphic
depiction of when the sun was setting. (3) No sooner had I reached my
(4) No improvement. house that I opened my
(4) No improvement
515. He evaded to pay income tax. cupboard.
510. Altho ugh I was initially
(1) from paying (4) No improvement.
apprehensive, I found the eating
(2) against paying 523. Your success for hard work
of snails to be a rather pleasant
(3) paying depends on your ability.
(4) No improvement (1) Your success depends on your
(1) I ate the pleasant snail’s
516. The gypsies had left the village a ability for hard working.
few days ago. (2) Your success depends on your
(2) I found the snails experienced ability of hard work.
(1) have left
(3) I found it to be a more pleasant (2) would have left (3) Your success depends on your
experience (3) left ability for hard work.
(4) No improvement (4) No improvement (4) No improvement.