IMPROVEMENT OF SENTENCES
Directions (443-447) % In the 449. Mutual shakes of hands was Directions (458-467) : In the
following questions, a sentence / part exchanged. following questions, a sentence/part of
of the sentence is printed in bold. (1) Both shakes of hands was the sentence is printed in bold. Below
Below are given alternatives to the bold carried. are given alternatives to the bold
part at (1), (2) and (3) which may (2) The hand shakes were sentence/part of the sentence at (1),
improve the sentence. Choose the (2) and (3) which may improve the
correct alternative. In case no sentence. Choose the correct
(3) They shook hands with each
improvement is needed, your answer alternative. In case no improvement is
other. needed, your answer is (4).
(4) No improvement. (SSC Graduate Level Tier-I
(SSC Multi-Tasking Staff
450. The incident made a deep Exam. 21.04.2013, Ist Sitting)
Exam. 24.03.2013, Ist Sitting)
impression on me. 458. They left the hotel by car where
443. The workers were bent at getting
their dues. (1) rounded (2) profound they had been staying.
(1) bent for getting (3) slight (4) No improvement (1) They left the hotel where they
451. He, I, She and They cooked the had been staying, by car.
(2) bent upon getting
food. (2) They left where they were
(3) bent in getting
(1) I, He, She and They cooked staying in a hotel by car.
(4) No improvement
the food. (3) In a car they left where they
444. Jatin’s case against Jagat was were staying in a hotel
trivial. (2) They, I, He and She cooked
the food. (4) No improvement
(3) He, She, They and I cooked 459. Will you lend me few rupees in
(2) harmful this hour of need ?
(3) tolerable the food.
(1) lend me a little rupees
(4) No improvement (4) No improvement.
(2) borrow me a few rupees
445. How can one adjust among a 452. The newspaper report of the
(3) lend me a few rupees
passive lot? killing verified with the police
(4) No improvement
(1) peopl e who are cold and findings.
460. Five years ago today, I am sitting
without feeling (1) authenticated
in a small Japanese car, driving
(2) A lot of crowd (2) corroborated across Poland towards Berlin.
(3) Indolent people (3) confirmed (1) was sitting
(4) No improvement (4) No improvement (2) sat
446. Her activities are limited only to 453. The saint said that men are (3) have been sitting
cooking and washing clothes. mortal. (4) No improvement
(1) limited by (1) said that men is mortal. 461. He could not look anything in
(2) limited to (2) advised men are mortal. the dark room.
(3) not limited to (3) said that men were mortal. (1) look at
(4) No improvement (4) No improvement. (2) see
447. My sister doesn’t have as much 454. There is no alternate offered to (3) see through
jewellery as my mother. us. (4) No improvement
(1) My mother has jewellery but (1) way (2) solution 462. No one could explain how a calm
not more than my sister. (3) choice (4) No improvement and balanced person like him
(2) My sister has too much 455. The voluntary organizatio n could penetrate such a mindless
jewellery. act on his friends.
appealed to the people to come
(3) My mother has more jewellery forward to help the victims and (1) perpetuate
than my sister. said that each may contribute (2) perpetrate
(4) No improvement what they can. (3) precipitate
Directions (448-457) : In the (1) each may contribute what he (4) No improvement
following questions, a sentence / a part can 463. Anyone who would speak with
of the sentence is in bold. Below are authority on the poets of the
(2) each may contribute what one
given alternatives to the bold sentence Renaissance must have a broad
can acquaintance with the writers of
/ part at (1), (2) and (3) which may
improve the sentence. Choose the (3) each may contribute what classical antiquity.
correct alternative. In case no each one can (1) Anyone who will speak
improvement is needed, your answer (4) No improvement (2) If one would speak
is (4). 456. There is no escape in the (3) Anyone desirous for speaking
(SSC FCI Assistant Grade-III Main container for the water to flow. (4) No improvement
Exam. 07.04.2013) (1) outlet (2) inlet 464. He found a wooden broken chair
448. She prefers tea than coffee. (3) drainage (4) No improvement in the room,
(1) tea to 457. The problem was so complicated (1) wooden and broken chair
(2) tea over to be solved in a day. (2) broken wooden chair
(3) tea more than (1) too (2) very (3) broken and wooden chair
(4) No improvement (3) much (4) No improvement (4) No improvement