968. (2) When a comparison is made as is used. 985. (1) Here, Indefinite Article i.e. He had already sent
Look at the sentences : me a message is the right usage.
l Capital punishment was regarded as inhuman and 986. (2) Science and technology is a Compound Subject.
immoral. Hence its fallouts do not is the right usage.
l She is widely regarded as the current leader’s natural 987. (1) Here, Subject (The angry bird) is Singular. Hence,
successor. Singular Verb i.e. The angry bird flaps is the right
Hence, regarded as one of the greatest emperor is usage.
the right usage. 988. (2) It is a Preposition related error. Hence, and
congratulate him on is the right usage.
Note : Ashoka, the Great is, will be a better usage.
989. (3) Here, Subject is Singular-My brother, not his
969. (2) friends (Plural). Hence, Singular Verb i.e. is going
(1) a little (Det., Pro.) : used with Uncountable Nouns on a tour is the right usage.
to mean a small amount. 990. (4) No error
(2) little (Det., Pro.) : used with Uncountable Nouns 991. (3) It is an error of Preposition. Hence, wear in the
to mean not much party is the right usage.
Hence, give me a little milk is the right usage. 992. (1) be all for something/for doing something : to
970. (2) There is a Preposition related error. Hence, in believe strongly that something should be done; in
the hall is the right usage. favour of
971. (3) The sentence shows present time. Hence, Present Hence, He was all for is the right usage.
Progressive i.e. is growing day by day is the right 993. (3) Here, and do what/as I do is the right usage.
usage. 994. (1) The sentence shows Past time. Hence, Past
972. (3) There is a Preposition related error. Hence, with/ Perfect i.e. Although I had never seen the girl before
is the right usage.
for a Santro is the right usage.
995. (3) Here, Objective Case i.e. you and him is the
973. (2) Here, lawns in front is the right usage.
974. (2) Each of the girls is a Singular Subject. Hence,
996. (1) fly into a rage (Id.) : to become suddenly very
Singular Verb i.e. has come is the right usage.
angry Here, He flew into a rage is the right usage.
975. (1) Here, Nominative Case i.e. I and my wife is the Look at the sentence :
l He flies into a rage if you even mention the subject.
976. (2) many : used for Countable Nouns a number of
997. (1) Here, As soon as he came is the right usage.
Hence, that requires much planning is the right
998. (1) Here, Past Perfect i.e. I had enjoyed during is
the right usage.
977. (2) Here, capable of doing this work (Gerund) is the 999. (3) turn down (Phr. V.) : to reject or refuse to consider
right usage. an offer, a proposal etc.
It is not proper to use an Infinitive here. turn over (Phr. V.) : to change position
capable (Adj.) agrees with of (Prep.) Hence, but he turned it down is the right usage.
978. (1) A habitual action is evident. Hence, Present 1000. (3)
Simple i.e. I use is the right usage.
(1) make a mistake : to err
979. (4) No error Look at the sentence :
980. (2) Here, How has she grown is the right usage. l The waiter made a mistake in adding up the bill.
981. (1) weather (N.) : the condition of the atmosphere at Hence, that you have made a mistake is the right
a particular place and time. usage.
climate (N.) : the regular pattern of weather 1001. (1) Here, I succeeded in persuading him is the right
conditions of a particular place. usage.
Hence, The climate is the right usage. (1) persuade (V.) : to make somebody do something.
982. (3) It is position of words related error. We usually 1002. (2) vermin (N.) : insects that live on the bodies of
put a general opinion in front of a specific opinion. the animals and birds; wild animals or birds that
Hence, beautiful red balloon is the right usage. destroy plants etc.
983. (3) Here, unless should be followed by Positive Sen- Vermin is Plu. Sub. Hence, Plu. V. i.e., do much
tence i.e. unless she does have/ unless she has a harm is the right usage.
strong desire to live is the right usage. 1003. (2) As the structure suggests, Past Simple i.e., his
Unless is used to say that something can only hap- wife could (would) is the right usage.
pen or be true in a particular situation. 1004. (4) No error
984. (3) charge (V.) : to rush forward and attack. 1005. (3) No soo ner ....... than is correct form of
Hence, and charged straight at me is the right us- Correlative. Hence, than he saw another is the
age. right usage.