739. (2) Here, of innumerable biographies (Plural) is the 756. (4) No error
right usage. 757. (2) Here, definite article i.e., to recite a poem in
740. (1) The word trafficking is an Uncountable Noun. the honour of my teacher is the right usage
Hence, Drug abuse and human trafficking is the Look at the sentences :
right usage. Coal is black.
741. (3) Here, Subject (The man) is Singular. Hence, Sin- The coal of Jharia is of good quality.
gular Verb i.e., and follows his aim in life with
758. (3) Here, use of the is improper.
patience is the right usage.
The sentence is in Past. Hence, I visited Delhi is the
742. (1) sale (N.) : the act of selling
sold (V.) : Past (V2 ) and Past Participle (V 3 ) of
759. (1) Here, Prisoners, especially life term convicts is
the right usage
Hence, to suspend sale is the right usage
760. (2) Here, a book worth reading/a book worthy of
743. (2) No Error reading is the right usage.
744. (4) Simple Present Tense is used in facts, generali- 761. (2) It is preposition related error. Hence, jumped
sations and universal truths. into the river (motion) is the right usage
as in — in (Prep.) is used talk about position.
The earth moves round the sun. into (Prep.) is used to suggest that people/things
In Indirect Speech the tense remains unchanged. move from an outdoor space into an indoor space.
Hence, moves round the is the right usage. Look at the sentences :
745. (1) youth (Uncountable N.) : the condition/quality of She was walking in the garden. (position)
being young She walked into her house. (movement)
youths (N.) ® Plural 762. (4) No error
the youth (Plural) : young people considered as a 763. (4) No error
group 764. (4) No error
Look at these expressions : 765. (2) The plural of deer is deer.
the nation’s youth Hence, two deer is the right usage
the youth of today 766. (2) Here, use of I enjoy (repetition) is superfluous.
youthful energy Hence, I enjoy jogging and playing the piano is the
Hence, among the youth of today is the right usage right usage
746. (4) No error 767. (1) To show purpose, an infinitive should be used.
747. (2) When What is the Sub. of a clause, it takes a Hence, To test is the right usage.
Singular Verb. 768. (1) Here, My friend told is the right usage.
Hence, what makes people angry is the right usage. He said to me Þ He told me.
748. (3) the (Def. Art.) will be used before details
769. (2) Here, a tall young is the right usage.
detail (Countable N.) : a small individual fact/item, When more than one Adj. is used in a sentence, it
Here, usually comes in this order :
details refers to specific information Gen. Opinion/Specific Opinion Size Shape Age
Hence, She gave me the details of is the right usage. ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
749. (3) recommended will be replaced by advised unusual lovely beautiful big round young
advised is more suitable in the context small square old
Hence, The doctor advised is the right usage. tall rectangular
750. (4) No Error Colour Origin Material Type
751. (2) There is No error ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
752. (1) capable will replace a capable boy blue Dutch metal general-purpose
when you describe someone as able/capable, red Indian wood four-sided
we say — a capable person/boy/girl pink Japanese plastic U-shaped
When you are able to/capable of doing something,
we say — capable of running/singing/dancing
753. (2) Here, subject it (Africa) is singular. Hence, sin-
gular Verb i.e., and it contains about one fifth is
the right usage hammering
754. (3) Hardly ......... when is correct form of connec- cooking
tive. Hence, platform when the train came in is the 770. (2) Here, of people passing/crossing (Gerund) is the
right usage right usage.
755. (2) Here, subject (individual) is singular. Hence, sin- 771. (1) The event relates to past time. Hence, Past Sim-
gular verb i.e., responsible there is no is the right ple i.e., I visited Mumbai two years ago is the right