Here, An old man was crossing the road at the ze- 663. (3) Everyone is a Singular Subject. Hence was/is
bra crossing is the right usage equal should be used.
646. (4) No error Hence, was/is equal is the right usage.
647. (2) It is time is followed by Past Simple, Hence, we 664. (1) In should replace On
accepted all our. Hence, In Senegal is the right usage
Hence, people as equals is the right usage 665. (1) discuss (V.) : to talk about something
648.(2) It is a general rule/provision. Hence, Present Sim- discuss about something is wrong usage.
ple i.e., involves interviewing is the right usage.
Hence, we discussed the problem thoroughly is the
649. (4) No error right usage
650. (1) harassed is an Adj. and it must qualify a Noun. 666. (3) It is not proper to use the before a Cardinal Number.
But, here it isn’t qualifying anything. Hence, being will
Hence, in contact with a rotten mango is the right
be placed before much to make it a correct statement.
Hence, being much harassed is the right usage
667. (2) Here, The box is the subject, not eggs. Hence, is
651. (4) No error lying (singular) is the right usage.
Here, (1) a shade (N.) : a little ; slightly 668. (3) historic (Adj) : It is usually used to describe some-
652. (2) Singular V. is used with Singular Sub. and also thing that is so important that it is likely to be remem-
with every. bered.
Hence, was given is the right usage. historical is used to describe a past event. Hence,
653. (1) Here, e is vowel in earthquake. Hence, article an that historic first meeting with Roosevelt is the
i.e. In 1906 an earthquake is the right usage. right usage.
654. (1) Do (Aux. V.) is used with Plural Sub. 669. (1) Who should be used for persons/people. Hence,
Look at the sentences : The ant which/that was nearby is the right usage.
He does not like ice cream. (Singular Sub.) 670. (3) It is a double negatives related error.
They do not like ice cream. (Plural Sub.) Hence, you won’t forget/you will never forget is the
Hence, His parents do not is the right usage. right usage.
655. (2) When we use Correlative Conjunctions, both the 671. (3) Dress should be compared with dress, not girls.
clauses should be parallel. Hence, more attractive than that of the other girls
Hence, equipped not only with is the right usage. is the right usage.
656. (2) Besides : in addition to 672. (1) Here, Subject (Fifty years) is Plural. Hence, Fif-
Beside : next to or at the side of somebody ty years have passed is the right usage.
Look at the examples given below : 673. (3)
creep up on somebody : to begin to affect somebody.
He sat beside her all night.
creep in/into something : to begin to happen or af-
I have got no family besides my parents.
Hence, beside each other is the right usage
Look at the examples given below
657. (1) wanted (Adj) : being searched for by the police in
Tiredness can easily creep up on you while you are
connection with a crime.
require : need something; depend on somebody.
As she became more tired, errors began to creep into
Hence, Men are required is the right usage
658. (1) Here, she had a is the right usage as ‘m’ in miserable
Hence, crept into my spine is the right usage
is a consonant.
674. (3) you and I is the Object in the sentence, but I is a
659. (1) Past Participle form of the Verb (V3) is used in
Subject Pro., so, me (Object Pro.) will replace I (Sub.
Hence, A weak-minded person is frightened is the
Hence, you and me is the right usage
675. (2) overflow (past= over flowed) : to be so full that the
660. (2) always will replace ever because ever is not used
contents go over the sides.
in Positive sentences.
Look at the sentencs : Hence, has overflowed is the right usage
She was always in a hurry. (ü) 676. (3) the finest in the country/as one of the finest in
the country is the right usage
She was ever in a hurry. (×)
677. (3) one of is followed by a Plural Noun/Pronoun
Hence, will always be my favourite is the right usage
Hence, bad habits is the use of tobacco is the right
661. (3) Here, Principal clause is in Past Tense. Hence,
that he had died (past) is the right usage usage
662. (2) Here, Subject-The behaviour of young boys is 678. (3) Here, even more than they are is the right usage.
Singular. 679. (3) Here, playing is the Object of the sentence and
Hence, Singular Verb i.e. boys is the subject of is in this case Gerund will be used.
the right usage Hence, playing is the right usage